Tuesday, March 21, 2006

What I would give for a home cooked meal...

Guess I need to drive down to Texas!!

What was I thinking telling A I would cook his favorite fish tonight? I have never even cooked fish from a box before.. This is going to be very interesting!

Hmm.... I guess I'm not that bad of a cook, I mean I can cook all the normal stuff. So far everything I have cooked for him he liked. That doesn't say much though cause A will eat anything! LOL! I did make some chicken that he wasn't too fond of though. I'm weird when it comes to cooking chicken. I always over cook it. Its something about chicken that gets me nervous. I'm always afraid that I will undercook it and end up getting salmonella or something. I'm learning... I'm trying to learn atleast..

I wish I could cook like my mother. Though she would be much help with the swordfish, she never cooked fish. But everything else she made was always sooo good! What sucks is that she never used recipes, she just did it. There was this one very simple dish she used to make. She keeps telling me that its only macaroni, tomato sauce, butter and seasoning... It was just something about it that made it so good, everyone loved it.. I have been trying to master it for years and it never tastes the same. Thats why I think that she is keeping some special ingredient from me... Sometime when she was in the mood she would make these delicious home made noodles. Mmmm... my mouth is just watering thinking about them. This is a recipes passed down from my grandma. I have yet to try this... I get intimidated just thinking about it! Everything has to be perfect. The dough cant be to sticky or the noodles wont cut right... The noodles cant be to thick, nor can they be to thin! Its hard but damn are they good!! When ever she made them I used to convince her to make about 2 batches of them just so I could have them for the next week... They were a meal all in their own!

Gee, all this talk about her food is making me miss her more! Its been almost 7 months since she has moved to Texas.. Things just aren't the same without her here.

<$BlogItemCommentsCount$> comments:

Blogger BriteYellowGun said...

I bet Tina up there never read a word that you wrote. That's why I won't sign up for those things. Anyway, do you have room for six more for dinner? If we leave now we can be there by.....

4:22 PM  
Blogger Cassandra said...

I can cook if I have a recipe, but I never understood those people that could throw stuff together without directions to follow. My mother was a lousy cook. I really don't like cooking, but it is nice every now and then.

And yes, I understand about taking things back and it being like you have free money to spend!!

5:37 PM  
Blogger apositivepessimist said...

you baking or frying this fish?

i usually find that if you don't follow recipes turns out pretty nice...but i'm a 'basic' eater just gimme my seasonings for certain foods and i'm good to go.

good luck with the fish girl...surf the net fer ideas.

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home