Thursday, March 02, 2006

Oh where, Oh where has my mind gone?

Seems I am asking myself that more and more everyday this week...

At work the other night, my boss told me that I am no longer a waitress and he is teaching me to bartend. Hey, that's okay with me... I'd much rather bartend than waitress anyway. But for some reason, he has me training a lot! I worked last night, and will work tonight, tomorrow night, and saturday night. Hmm... is that really necessary? I am going to be EXHAUSTED!!! I'm not quite sure how I am going to get through tonight with only 4 hours of sleep... Then I will have to get up tomorrow and do it all over again! By the middle of tomorrow night I am definitely going to be dead! Atleast I will be able to sleep in on saturday.

16 hour work days with 4 hours of sleep.. Hmm... seems I'm losing some valuable time here. Where are those missing 4 hours? Oh yeah.. that's right my stupid boss gave me a "break" between jobs of a whole 3 hours.. So lets do some simple math shall we..

15 minutes home from office
15 minute shower
30 minutes hair/makeup etc.. (hey I gotta look good!)
15 minutes to eat
15 minutes to drive to club

So what, that leaves me with a whole 30 minutes for a nap... Yeah right! I would wake up feeling worse than before the nap. One would think that with him knowing about my day job he would atleast have the decency to let me have until 9pm.. Oh yeah, I forgot he is a prick! He doesn't do nice things like that...

I am excited about tomorrow night though, its fantasy friday... So we get to wear a themed outfit instead of our normal uniform. I'm going as a baseball player... Hopefully the outfit turns out okay, I'm making the top myself.. I couldn't find a jersey that was.. how shall I say... risque enough... yeah that sounds good. We'll see how it comes out.. maybe if this one comes out good I can make some different ones. I'm not quite sure what to make though... (any suggestions will be very appreciated!) The other girls wear the cop, maid, fugitive costumes.. all the normal boring store bought ones. Me, I like to be different and of course have the best outfit on with the ability to say I made/designed it!

<$BlogItemCommentsCount$> comments:

Blogger BriteYellowGun said...

You need to take a picture of yourself in the costume so we can all see and critique! Oh Pam, I don't know how you do it with that little sleep. My eyes would have bags so big under them that a family of 4 could pack for the Grand Tour! Even with the, what I think is, suitable 7 hrs. I get each night, I still wake up puffy and un-fabulous! Beauty is such work!

3:45 PM  
Blogger Cassandra said...

I don't know how you do it! I love my sleep. Now back in college, I would have morning and afternoon classes and would take a 30 minute power nap before going to waitress in the evening. But those don't work for me anymore. I'm too old. I need 3 hour power naps now!

Yes, cats some how have a way of getting right in the middle of whatever you are doing, don't they?

6:10 PM  
Blogger Cassandra said...

Thank you, thank you!!

How are you feeling? I bet you're exhausted today!

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home