Wednesday, March 29, 2006

To splurge or not to splurge....

How is it that yesterday I was shopping online and found this auction site kinda like ebay that had some things that I wanted to buy.. I contacted the seller, placed the order, etc.. but haven't paid yet. Then when I went back today I cannot even access the site. I keep getting redirected to somewhere else.. Smells a little fishy to me.. I'm a little disappointed though, I really wanted this wallet, and I haven't been able to find it at that price anywhere else. I knew it had to be too good to be true. Maybe its karma telling me that I shouldn't buy it.. Damn karma!! I really wanted it too...


Do you know how great it feels to be able to drive down a bumpy road and not have to worry about my tire falling off... and yes it was that bad!! But now thanks to be b-I-l I am worry free.. and still have money in the bank!! The part that I needed was $195.00, but he got it for only $120.00... and I gave him $40 for the labor, so I only paid $160.00. In his shop he would have charged about $400.00 for both the part & labor.. I saved $240.00!!!! the benefits of having a mechanic as a b-I-l are endless!! He also said that he will do my tuneup whenever I want him to.. and that will save me a couple hundred.. He's great, I will miss him very much if what he said about the divorce is true. He told me again yesterday that it is still going to happen its just taking a little longer.. He told me that he will be moving out of state. WTF?? he has a 10 year old son here. I don't think he will do it but one never knows. I am kinda weary to even ask my sister about it. Like I said before she can be a bitch, and I wouldn't want to make things worse between them..


l

<$BlogItemCommentsCount$> comments:

Blogger BriteYellowGun said...

That's great about saving all that money! Our old next door neighbor in Cleveland was a mechanic and used to do all of our work at hugely reduced prices. Don't know any of those down here unfortunately but we've also been lucky enough to not have any problems in a long time. 2 new cars helps with that though.

Do you feel anything crawling up your leg yet? Muuwaahahahahaha!!!!

4:04 PM  
Blogger Cassandra said...

If it makes you feel any better, I won't get anything else done for a week!! : )

4:57 PM  
Blogger apositivepessimist said...

ooer lucky you hadn’t paid for it.

so when are you getting the tune up done...sooner rather than later. just in case the divorce speeds up.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Cassandra said...

Just stopping by to give you a thumbs up on Blog Mad!!!!

3:48 AM  
Blogger BriteYellowGun said...

Where the heck are you? Where is EVERYONE for that matter? Blogger has been so dead for three days now!

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home