Thursday, December 29, 2005

I forgot what it was like.......

My friend J and I worked this concert for a band named Busted Rubbers last night.... Something I used to do a lot when I was dancing. Basically you just go on stage with the band to get the crowd pumped. I used to work bigger bands, with an audience of about 1000-2000 people. It was great! The excitement of being up there in front of all those people.... With the lights shining down on you, music pounding in your ears, having full access to the stage and band members to do what ever you want, realizing that 90% of the women out there would love to be you for just one minute! This concert wasn't half as big, but it was still a fun time.

About 5 minutes before its time to go on you start to get a little nervous. All you can think about is "what if I fall" "what if I get out there and cant think of anything to do" "how am I going to look?"... Then the second you step foot on that stage and your heart starts racing, all those thoughts go away. As you look out into the crowd of nameless faces, your mind goes blank and all you can hear is your blood pumping through your veins. The adrenaline rush is something you cant explain, its better than any drug I've ever done! 20 minutes seems like an eternity, and by the end your exhausted, sweaty and on this natural high that you hope never goes away!

Iwas wearing only a skirt and a tank top (not very much left to the imagination) I guess when I was a dancer things like that didn't bother me. Now I realize how much I have actually changed in the last 6 months. I was a lot more nervous than I used to be, and I surely didn't feel comfortable in those clothes. I guess it was worth it though, just to be on stage.

Today I am paying for it! My legs are sooo sore and I am tired. It was a long night, didn't get to sleep til almost 5am. I wish 5 o'clock would roll around a little faster so I can get the hell outta here! I cant believe its only Thursday, this week is going by so slow... atleast we have another 3 day weekend!

<$BlogItemCommentsCount$> comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Happy 2006!!!

And congrats on getting a car!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Cassandra said...

Happy New Year!!!

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home