Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Its okay, I thought it was funny too!

Do you get embarrassed?

I usually don't... I can make a total ass of myself and just laugh it off... When I was younger I actually thought it was cool to embarrass myself because it made other people laugh. I don't get nervous talking in front of a crowd, and most of the time even volunteer first just to get it over with. I am very comfortable this way... Put on the spot! I just suck it up, and do it. Things like this you cant dwell on, you just have to start. Once you spit out the first word, the rest just flows out.. Add a couple of jokes (mostly aimed to rag on yourself....) then before you know it, its over and you realize you could keep going forever.

I'm coming to see that a lot of people don't see it that way. Its like a nightmare for them to speak in front of a crowd. Luckily for them they rarely have to... As for me, my problem is on a daily basis!

Usually when I drink, I fall... Usually when I'm sober, I fall... A lot! thats just who I am. I am a very clumsy person. I've come to accept that this will never change. I run into walls, stumble up and down stairs, trip over my own feet; you name it I do it. And it always seems to happen at the worse times.

Once about 2 years ago I was walking through the mall.... Of course there were some people that I knew, and alot that I didn't... I was just minding my own business... la la la la la.... when all of a sudden BOOM!! I fell... I have no idea what happened, I just fell. All of my friends and all the people I didn't know just started laughing. That was funny! I do admit, that I too cannot help but laugh when a young person falls. Its hilarious! But to be the person falling, its not always so funny.

Or once, in school during class change I fell up the stairs.... dropping all my things back down them. (I'm sure everyone has done that!)

I'm sure everyone has slipped on ice, and tried to catch themselves but ended up just looking more like an idiot because the way they were frailing their arms around.

There have been a couple of times when I fell off of a barstool, or not paying attention to the one single stair and flew down it practically throwing my beer across the room. (sometimes hitting someone with it... and unfortunately never a cute guy!)

I've also made my "grand" entrance to several places by not realizing there was a single stair, and falling through the door instead of walking through it. People inside tend to look at you like an idiot, but what can you do except laugh...

WhenI was a dancer, this must have been the worse quality ever!! I constantly fell on stage, which atleast got everyone's attention. I even fell a couple of times while giving a private dance, once onto the customer...

hmm... I had a point to all of this what the hell was it....

Oh yeah, like I said I don't get embarrassed... None of that stuff made me blush or whatever... I just laughed it all off. But then again, none of that compares to what happened to me on Saturday...
Me and my bf go to this restaurant. It was very classy, and small; the tables were close together, and it was packed. Well me, being the not so very attentive person that I am, wasn't aware of the fact that the floor was changing from carpet to very slick wood floors (and of course I had heels on)... So as I step, my foot slides out from underneath me. Shocked, I grabbed onto the closest chair that I could... But we are talking about me... of course it wasnt that simple! I didn't grab the chair, I grabbed the shoulder of the guy sitting in the chair. He turns around with this stunned look on his face and tries to catch me before I fall.. So I have some stranger and my bf both trying to make sure I didn't actually hit the floor and a room full of people staring at me... Which mind you, I still had to walk past to get to my table. I know they were laughing under their breath, because I know I would have been! As I "nonchalantly" walk by, I could feel their eyes staring at me like I was the last doughnut at a national police convention.. (hahaha... You know you like that!) all of them wanting to laugh but holding off to see if someone else would first... I mean come'on you cant be rude!!! Each watching my every step, silently hoping that their non existant telepathic powers would work just this once, and make me slip again... That would have just made their day... Bastards!!!

I can honestly say, that I was embarrassed!

<$BlogItemCommentsCount$> comments:

Blogger Clare said...

OH! I totally know how you feel! I'm the biggest klutz EVER. I also don't mind public speaking...maybe falling down all the time makes you slightly less self concious? Hmmm...

4:19 PM  
Blogger BriteYellowGun said...

Oddly enough, the speech class I was required to take in college was one of my favorite classes ever. But I still HATE public speaking.

I don't fall, but I sure do laugh when I see other people. Even when they get hurt, I can't help but suppress laughter. I'm just evil.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

You have a very unique gift, even tho you feel you are clumsy you turn the joke on yourself and that's your way of dealing with it. Plus you don't let a fall or two keep you hiding away at home blushing with shame. You've got a great attitude in life, and that overcomes many obstacles....now if you can bottle it and sell it, you'd be a millionaire in no time :)

4:42 PM  
Blogger Cassandra said...

I don't fall down as much since I quit drinking. But I am still a huge klutz. I can be walking and trip over nothing!! Nothing!!!!!! WTF??? At least you had 2 gentlemen preventing you from falling this time. How nice of them!!
If anyone laughed at you, you could have spit in their food as you walked by. I bet people would have stopped laughing then. :)

11:37 PM  
Blogger soonerfan78 said...

I am a train wreck waiting to happen, I once was over at a party, took a hit out of a bong, blew my smoke out in an explosion, the bowl and metal stem it was attached to launched like a missile, scattering flame and burning weed on some gauze curtains, in the haste to snuff out the flames, two glasses were broke and a drink was spilled. I took a hit, the end result was total devastation, fire, flood, glass, and attempted arson. If you have ever seen the old PINK PANTHER movies, I was like Clouseau, a disaster waiting to happen, I have so many stitch marks from clumsy falls that they are too numerous to mention. Thats why I am so brain damaged today, I am a walking abortion.

12:48 AM  
Blogger Cassandra said...

I would sign a petition to get seareach over here!!! I hate that I can't respond to her comments!!!
Hope you have a good day!

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home