Friday, December 16, 2005

fuck christmas!

I've never spoken much about politics on my blog.. Mainly because some people take offense and honestly I'm just not that passionate enough to give a damn how they feel. If you have read my posts you know I do not enjoy christmas, but really have no idea why. There is no point for me to explain this reason, although in my life I'm asked and pushed everyday to dig into my past and find this mysterious cause because there just HAS to be a reason for me not enjoying the best holiday of the year... or atleast everyone thinks that.

What you dont know about me is that I am not religious... I know some of you that are christians, orthodox, athiest, whatever... I am none of those things. I am religiously illiterate! I was "raised" baptist and as a kid I was forced to go to church 3 times a week. To this day, not once have I read the bible, I'm not even sure if I believe in god, and I cant step foot into a church without breaking down in tears (personal reason for this).

But one thing I do know is I hate when people try to shove religion down others throats. I also hate when people think their belief is the "right" religion, and every other religion in wrong... I myself can careless if we have a christmas tree or a holiday tree, or if we say merry christmas or happy holidays... But some people do. Some people dont celebrate christmas, so why do "christians" want to force them to? That would be like me telling a christian to eat meat on friday, just because in my religion (which of course is the RIGHT religion) we dont eat fish on friday. (correct me if I'm wrong here, I do believe it is christians who eat fish on friday, but like I said I am religiously illiterate)...

In this country we are as politically correct as it gets and we should be that way. We pride ourselves on being the melting pot of the world, yet we dont accept other cultures. We expect these people to convert to our way of living... Hypocritical? just a little...

You go into any restaurant and see christmas trees, lights, music... But do we hear people who are jewish or even jehovah witness complaining? most of the time no, they understand that the majority of the US celebrates christmas... so they keep quiet. Does that mean that they are not offended? doubt it. Its just there is nothing they can do because restaurants are privately owned, if they dont like it they can either put up with it or leave.

But see, city streets and public property are not privately owned and cannot be avoided. People just cant "leave" because they dont like the christmas tree that sits in the middle of Public Square (downtown Cleveland). They shouldnt have to change their route to work because they dont like the huge banner that says Merry Christmas! That banner should never be there!

There are many ways to decorate without shoving a particular holiday down everyones throats!

Okay, I'm rambiling on and I'm sure your like why the hell is this girl talking about all this shit.
Well I was reading a friends blog today and found this site. I love it, and would like to share it but I wanted to voice my opinion on some of the topics before hand.

I must warn you , that alot of you arent going to like it... but I dont care.

http://fuckchristmas.org/fchristmas_blog.gif" target="_blank">read at your own risk




<$BlogItemCommentsCount$> comments:

Blogger Cassandra said...

Okay, your link didn't work, but I managed to find it anyway.
http://fuckchristmas.org/

I didn't know there was a war on Christmas. But I don't watch the news because it just pisses me off.

Good rant on that site.

I like some of my pagan decorations! For some reason, I just love pagan lights. I have no tree. Just my little fireplace hearth deocrated with candles and garland and pagan lights. Looking at it now, it's pretty, but there are no religious symbols. Hmmmm...probably because I'm not a Christian! I just like the lights. :)

Ya, many people forget that most Christian holidays were chosen at the times of the original pagan festival times so it would be easier to convert pagans over.

8:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thoughts. It's catholics that don't eat fish on Friday. And that is usually only during Lent, which is the 7 weeks before Easter.

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

embedding literary fcuk qspace michael specifically early catastrophe enjoined payoff outfitted
lolikneri havaqatsu

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home