Wednesday, December 07, 2005

just breathe....

I'm sure you've all had a song stuck in your head... Usually it last for an hour maybe even a day. You try to concentrate, but all you can hear are the words to this song. Its like when your trying to remember something you know that you know, like an actor or movie. Its right on the tip of your tongue but you just cant seem to spit it out. It just drives you crazy!

Well, I've had this song stuck in my head for a week now. Atleast its a great song, actually my favorite song. "Breathe (2 A.M.)" Written and sung by Anna Nalick, a very young and talented woman. If you have never heard this song, I highly recommend that you listen to it. Though, you might want to read the words as you do, because its kinda difficult to understand what she is saying if you haven't heard it before.

The beginning of this year (before I started my blog) I was going through a really rough time in my life. I was dealing with the death of my grandfather and some other personal tragedies. I surely wasn't at my best. Although this song didn't relate to these problems directly, it really helped me out a lot. I would sit and listen to this song over and over.... For me music is a way of dealing with emotions that I cant express. Its like therapy to just turn the music up as loud as possible and just sing along...

The thing is now that I am not down, thinking about this song makes me remember all the things that I had to go through... All the things that I tried to forget. Then I realized we're not supposed to forget those things, those are the experiences that make us stronger. So why try to forget them?

<$BlogItemCommentsCount$> comments:

Blogger BriteYellowGun said...

Oh but there is SO much I would like to forget! I'm not familiar with that song. What musical genre is it? Country? Rock? Huh?

5:38 PM  
Blogger lostinthetriangle said...

I love this subject of tunes in your head. In germany its known as a "ohrwurm" or earworm. Also known as a "brain itch" the only way to get rid of the offending song is to repeat it over and over again.
reportedly one way to get rid of the ohrwurm is to listen to the complete song. I have tried other methods as well as repeating over and over. Or trying to replace with another "itch" Seems to me if I allow the tune to complete the worm goes away. Allmost like running a program on a computer, If windows keeps looping while bootin up it will go on and on and on. Let it boot completly to your desktop and you are ready for a new song to go round and round your head.

8:24 PM  
Blogger soonerfan78 said...

I think Triangle's got a valid point, when I've got a song running non-stop in my brain I let it run its course to the end and I go onto something else...I think that I had Chevelle's "The Clincher" playing for about 4 days once....scary shit..nice post

10:15 PM  
Blogger apositivepessimist said...

i know the one...yaay fer moi. talented truly and at such a fair age.

i totally agree with the music as therapy etc. amazing how the same song can get different people thru differing circumstances in life. i still remember the ‘feel’ of the song that my girlfriend used when her husband suddenly died...by leonarda’s bride.. “even when i’m sleeping”

ohhh i loike you in this blue.

7:36 AM  
Blogger apositivepessimist said...

lol...leonardo’s even *sigh*

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home