Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Murphys law never seems to fail...

Ever since I worked in insurance I knew that I would hate insurance companies... They always found ways to screw people over...Although I have seen it done several time I have never experienced this until now..
On December 15th around 3 AM I was in a car accident.. So why is it that this claim isnt taken care of already you might ask? HA! Nothing in my life is that simple people, havent we figured that out yet!!!
Now I will admit that this whole thing could have been prevented... see my insurance was due on the 12th.. But before I could pay it I had to wait until a deposit went thru my checking account at 12 AM the 15th... So at 2:58 am on the 15th I paid my bill over the phone.. Why did I pay it at 2:58 am? well see I was at the bar, and when the deposit posted to my checking account at 12:00 AM I was a little preoccupied... but AS SOON as I got in my car at 2:57 am I paid the bill.. but just my luck, as I was on my way home I crashed into someone..
Now the insurance company is trying to say that the time of the accident and the time which I paid my bill are so close that the claim is under investigation..
Fine, I completely understand why they would do that.. but now we get into the fun part...
I got a letter stating that they were not going to cover the accident because they felt that I was not insured at the time of the accident.. they said that the other claimant filed a police report (the police didnt come to the scene of the accident..) and we would have to wait for a copy to go any further with the investigation... So I called cleveland accident report and tried to get a copy of the report.. But they said there wasnt a report made... So I called the insurance company again and asked for a copy of the report that they told me they had...
Four days passed and still no copy of the report.. so I called again, and was told again that they would fax a copy...
A week passes by and still no police report..
Finally realizing that they are trying to screw me over I get my attorney involved..
Now they are saying that they dont have a police report, that they never told me they had a police report and that I told them that I would not cooperate with them, and that I said I would never do an interview with their investigators... WTF?!! I even asked to set up a date for an interview and was told they would get back to me...
UGHHH!!!!!! I just want this whole thing to be over!
I know I paid my bill before I left the parking lot... I know that I DID NOT try to commit insurance fraud... but not only am I being accused of that, but I am also being made a fool by these asshole insurance adjusters...
I know that I should have paid my insurance on time, and I know that the whole situation looks like I infact was trying to commit fraud, but why couldnt they just tell me there never was a police report and that they had made a mistake? NOOO... insurance companies do not make mistakes!! they just try to screw innocent people out of money!!!

Okay, now that I have confused the hell out of you lets move on...

Friday is my birthday!!! I was supposed to go out of town but plans fell thru.. Maybe thats a good thing though, I mean last years bday Vegas vacation wasnt exactly ideal.. but then again I was with the loser ex A then.. this year I am single!! and l am learning to love it!! I had my first date since A last night... Yes, I know I waited a long time but I wanted to make sure I was fully over A before I tried to move on... and now I can honestly say that I am completely over him!! YAY!! what a wonderful birthday present!! :)

<$BlogItemCommentsCount$> comments:

Blogger apositivepessimist said...

soon as I read “insurance” I started to cringe.

but bugger that, because it’s yer Biiiiirthday now!!

Happy Birthday Pam.

3:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home