Thursday, April 06, 2006

Cant we all just get along...

Cliche? yeah, just a little bit..

So a couple of days ago there was this apartment fire here that killed 4 kids... The fire "started" in the hallway of the apartment building.. but something really doesn't seem right to me. See, the mother of the kids, her boyfriend and their baby (who lived) were found in the second floor apartment, the 4 kids that died were in the 3rd floor apartment. First of all, why would 4 kids all under the age of 8 be in an apartment alone? Hmm... Plus none of the smoke detectors worked... and the fire department wasn't even called, the only reason they arrived there was because they were responding to another call about a car on fire. Unfortunately because they weren't prepared for such a huge fire, the ladder on the truck they had couldn't reach the 3rd floor. And get this.. now they are saying that an accelerant was found in the apartment the kids were in.. WTF?!?! Something is a little fishy.. I think the mother and her bf did it.. I'll keep you informed.

Why is it that when alcohol is involved everything is so much more than it is when you're sober? For those of you who are recovering from substance abuse I'm sure you reading and saying.... "That's why I quit" or "That's why you should quit".. Well me, I enjoy a drink here or there. Not too much, although I have a tendency of drinking too much and not realizing it until the last drink is already drank.. make sense? Yeah, I confused myself too so don't feel bad..

A and I went out for what was supposed to be an innocent night of drinking. That changed when he said something bad about C's "spongebob" (remember him from previous posts...) Why did I get offended? I have no idea... but the argument exploded and the next thing I knew he was threatening me saying he was going to leave me at the bar and make me walk home. Obviously he didn't, but the argument went on.. and on.. and on...... Why did we argue about someone who means nothing to either of us? the alcohol did it!!! Why do I get so argumentative when I drink? and the bad thing is its mostly only towards A.. Thankfully its not all the time.. most of the time we love each others company, and have a great time just sitting at the bar talking. But there are those few nights when we argue about nothing at all...

<$BlogItemCommentsCount$> comments:

Blogger Cassandra said...

Sad story about the kids!!!

No, I quit because it was screwing up my entire life and drinking stopped being fun for me. And I'm never one to judge others who drink, some people can. No biggie to me.
I think sometimes alcohol can lower our inhibitions and let stuff out that we normally wouldn't do or say if sober. All couples argue. It just sucks and is a pain in the ass to argue. Though the making up can be fun!!!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Your comments about drinking reminds of the song "Alcohol" by Brad Paisley. The booze makes you do stuff you normally don't do sober.
Very sad about those poor kids. I sure hope the mother did not do it intenionally but you are right it does look fishy. If she did do it, I don't know how you could live with yourself.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Raven said...

Simple explaination. You have issues. Being drunk removes the lock from you mouth and you start to spew molten hot issues all over. A is probably your boyfriend/husband surrogate daddy you are totally pissed off at.

Thats my completely unprofessional/I read one blog assessment. So take it for what it's worth which is essentially nothing. :) But think about it as a possible launching point.

2:25 PM  
Blogger LaFLor said...

you're lucky, because you can at least blame it on alcohol. i sometimes get into arguments like that being 100% sober.. *what is my problem then?* lol

3:14 PM  
Blogger apositivepessimist said...

oh that just sent cold chills thru me. those poor little buggers. i believe that would have to be one of the worst ways to die. fucken people. over here i heard on the news last night that a 26 yr old mum was up on murder charges for four of her kids...over a period of time all four died either by suffocation [mistakenly thought sids] and one was thought to have died after falling off a table. the thing is when they showed the mother walking from court she looked like she was fucking smirking about it all. words can't describe what i thought when i saw that fucked up smirking face.

psst...happy to read that you were visited again. shew aye.

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Volvo penta md2 Audi originalersatzteile nissan truck Quiting paxil Very cheap didrex In bound call center Who makes the best spas and hot tubs

2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home