Thursday, December 01, 2005

Wipe that soot off your face!

Dont you just hate it when something catches you off guard...

Yesterday we had some maintenance work done on our copy machine. Little did I know that the repair guy put what looked like powdered toner in the garbage can next to the copier.

I come in this morning and throw away all the junk faxes we had. The can is small, so the papers needed to be pushed down some. Me being the lazy genius that I am decided that I would just step on them. BAD IDEA!!! As soon as my foot went down a huge cloud of black soot came shooting out of that damn garbage! My face, clothes and shoes were covered in this black powder. ( and of course I am wearing tan pants!)

If any one has ever had to change the toner in a copier before, then you know that if you get the ink on you it isn't coming off any time soon. Luckily I got most of it off my face, but the bottom of my pants look like I haven't washed them in months.


I have to go this weekend and buy C a birthday gift. Last Sunday was her birthday... It sucks that she had to spend it in the hospital. She had a little party with cake and music. Unfortunately because I had no phone, she was unable to tell me and I missed it. That's okay though, I will see her soon. She is doing so much better. When I went to see her last, she surprised the hell out of me. When I walked in the room she was putting together a puzzle... Using her hands! I was so shocked that she was able to move that I almost started crying! She can move her arms and fingers, she doesn't have much strength but a little is better than none. She can even pick her legs up about an inch off the floor! It feels so good to finally see her progress with this recovery... Its has been over 3.5 months since she was admitted. I couldn't imagine being in the hospital that long... I just cant wait for her to finally come home.

<$BlogItemCommentsCount$> comments:

Blogger apositivepessimist said...

yep...that toner is a bitch to get off. i always dump the used cartridge into another bag then put it in the bin because i'm a bin stomper as well.

that's great to hear that C is progressing along. yell happy birthday to her from me as well [or maybe don't...lol]

ryc:...yeah i'm a big fan of black also. all the colours look so much sharper on a black background aye.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Cassandra said...

Toner is vicious!!!

Good to hear of C's progression!! Great news!

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home