Friday, October 28, 2005

Will this ever end

Nothing much to talk about today....

Guess I can give an update on C.

Its been 2.5 months since she has been in the hospital. She still has no control over her body but shes no longer in pain which is good. The doctors say she will most likely me there for atleast another six months. Well actually they have decided to put her in a nursing home as soon as they find one.

They really havent updated on her recovery, so I'm still not sure if she will ever gain control of her legs again. Shes lost over 45 pounds since she has been there. She looks like a completely different person!

She has decided to cut her hair,(something she never does!!) so on tuesday the hair dresser is coming in to chop it off, I think they are cutting off all but like 4 or 5 inches! Her hair is so beautiful, its atleast down to her ass if not longer and really thick. Shes going to donate it to this girl with cancer so they can make her a wig. The local newspaper is supposedly doing this big article on it. I cant wait to see it. She will definately look different then.

The hospital gave her her own room so she wouldnt have to deal with a roommate. They also gave her a mechanical wheelchair, since she only has control of her hands... The other patients have been really supportive also, in one of the art classes they made some puzzles and pictures for her son so when he visits he has something to play with. Her favorite thing is that she finally convinced them to let her wear regular clothes... She was so excited about that! It was good to see her smile, even if it was only for a few minutes.

I just want her to come home. I want to be able to do all the things that best friends do again! I miss just hanging, having someone to talk to about everything, even her yelling at me for stupid things, but most of all I just miss her! I know she will never be the same, its so hard to lose that part of her that she will never gain back... her spirit.

<$BlogItemCommentsCount$> comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home