Monday, October 03, 2005

Ahhh....Life is grand!

As a kid I always had to worry about migranes, I started getting them at the age of 8. I still remember the first one I've ever had. I was walking out of school to the school bus and started getting these sharp pains in the back of my head. They were gradually getting worse and worse and by the time I made it to the bus I was vomiting. It was horrible, I was so young and had no idea what was going on, the pain was unbearable and I honestly thought I was going to die. The whole way home I kept pounding my head against the window, the coolness of the window, and the pressure of each slam took the pain away for a few seconds. After several tests and x-rays I was finally diagnosed. The meds didnt help much so there was nothing I could do except lay in a pitch dark room and try to sleep, but that was hard to do while in school or on my way home. I remember there were a few times I was in school and I would start vomiting out of nowhere because it was so bad. I usually had one about once or twice a month. Thankfully I havent had one in about 4 months *knocks on wood*.

Now a few months back I was diagnosed by my ophthalmologist with ocular migranes. Theres really no pain but damn are they annoying!!!
Its kinda hard to explain what they are. Its basically a loss of vision in either eye or sometimes both, lasting anywhere from a few minutes to hours. It feels like a film of something over your eye, causing everything to go blurry and the more you try to focus, the worse it gets. Along with the loss of vision, I see these lights in the corner of my eye. The lights look like fireworks, little specks of bright light just slowly floating down the corner of my eye.

These things are driving me crazy!!! there really is no treatment, so I just have to put up with them. The thing I hate the most is I never know when they will come, out of nowhere suddenly I cant see....

Ever since I woke up this morning this is what I have been dealing with, it gets so aggravating. especially trying to work on this fucking computer.

UGHHH!!!! what a great way to start the week...

<$BlogItemCommentsCount$> comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home