Thursday, August 25, 2005

Who do you want to be when you grow up?

Have you ever met someone who you admire to the point you want to be that person?

When I was in high school I worked at a dry clearner. WORSE JOB EVER!!! but thats a post in its own. My bosses mother worked with me; she was 80 at the time. She didnt need to work, her ex husband was a former Indians player so he paid her good alamony. But she worked anyway, 8 hours a day 5-6 days a week. She was always in high spirits and full of energy. One could never guess she was 80, she is just full of life. She loves to drink, party and talk about sex. She has the mind of an 18 year old! I rememeber she would flirt with the cute customers and once she even convinved me to go on a date with one of them.
Well she'll be 85 in December, and she still works everyday. She walks, exercises and swims everyday also.
I've always had this fear of getting older, I was afraid that I wont be able to do the things that I do now. She proved me wrong, she taught me that as long as you take care of yourself that "you dont have to be old, you just have to look it" she told me this many times, and its the best advice I've ever received.

That is who I want to be when I get older.

<$BlogItemCommentsCount$> comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home