Tuesday, August 02, 2005

I saw one of my childhood friends yesterday, we were best friends from the age of 11 to 17. We were together everyday, were interested in the same things, and had all the same friends. But our lives couldnt have been any more different. She was the oldest of 4 kids, I was the youngest of 4 kids. She lived with both parents whom were very strict and made her take care of her younger siblings. Me on the other hand, lived only with my mother who was a very bad alcoholic as I grew up (5 years sober now). I was usually home alone, able to come and go as I pleased. There were times when I would come home fucked up either on drugs or alcohol and she never knew. Well maybe she did, but just couldnt face the fact that I might become like her.


When I first met her and her family, I thought her life was perfect. I wanted a family like that. At the time I thought she would grow? up to be this successful woman, with the perfect family. And I would end up just like my mother, alone going from asshole to asshole trying to just find someone to show me alittle love. Using alcohol to help me forget about my problems. I hated my life, there were so many times when I just wanted to run, and never look back. But I couldnt, I couldnt leave my mother; she needed me.


As we got older, I started to enjoy my freedom. She on the other hand started hating her parents. She wasnt? allowed to do much, so she started sneaking out of the house, cutting school, and lying about little things. Eventually little lies turned into huge lies. I remember one day she had cut school for a week straight and got caught. She knew she would be in alot of trouble if she didnt come up with a lie fast, so she told her parents one of our friends had raped her.I hated the fact that she did that, because I knew the sex was consensual, I mean she was a whore. She slept with more people her first month of having sex than I have slept with in my whole life. Eventually they went to court and he was found not quilty.


Now she is engaged to an aquaintance of mine with no job,cheats on her all the time, and basically treats her like shit. She gradualted from high school but has never had a real job. She was recently fired from McDonalds for letting a coworker smoke crack? in the bathroom and not reporting it.


I just dont know what happened. Was it because her parents were so strict? I wish I could help her, I dont know what to do, I mean I hate seeing her like this. I want her to be successful, but its like she doesnt want that.Quess its really none of my business how she? lives her life but I feel like I should offer some help.

<$BlogItemCommentsCount$> comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home