Monday, July 25, 2005

Another shot?

Lately I''ve been feeling very alone. Thats because most of the time I am alone. I come home most nights to my cat and I sit alone watching tv or listening to the radio. For being so young you would think that I would always have something to do. Yeah right. Now that I live alone I hardly ever go out. Before, when I lived with my old roommate it was a non stop party. But it shouldnt have been. See my roommate was 30, she had 3 kids ages 13, 11 and 8. She had them at 16, 18 and 21. So throughout most of her life she was taking care of her children. But now that the oldest one was able to babysit, she thought it was okay to go out everynight. We would tell ourselves "we wont stay out to long, we''ll just go have a drink or two". I''m not sure if you''ve ever paid attention, but when you say that, you end up staying out the whole night. Or atleast thats what we did. We would go to our local bar and start off with a cherry bomb and a corona. Before I go on let me add that I love tequila, I try not to drink it cause it makes me wild, but if its there I cant say no. So like I was saying the next thing you know, one beer and 8 shots later its getting late. One of us would mention the time, but neither of us really paid it any attention. Soon the bar is full, and of course we know everyone. So the shots keep coming. Eventually the cherry bombs turn into tequila and we are completely wasted. For most people, the good thing about bars is that they close. Well this didnt help us, it made it worse. Since we knew the owner we had after hour parties. Which meant alot more alcohol, and usually alot less clothes. See my roommate was an exotic dancer,( I used to be but thats a whole different blog) and when she would get drunk usually her shirt would come off. So there we were 4 o''clock AM drunk and we still havent been home since we dropped off dinner the night before around 8PM. Luckily for her, her daughter was very responsible and made sure her sons were sleeping early. But the bad thing for me was I had to wake up at 7am to be to work by 8:15. So most of the time when I woke up I was still drunk. This usually lasted until 10:00, thats when the hangover kicked in. There I was, trying to type with the worse hangover you could imagine. But by the time I got home and my roommate got home we would have dinner and do it all again. Now that I''m back on track and have a normal sleep schedule I wonder how the hell I did it. Honestly there would be times when I would get an hour of sleep or less in 2 days. So in a way I guess I sould be happy to be alone, noone begging me to go out, noone to pressure me to have one more shot before we go. Thank God those days are over...

<$BlogItemCommentsCount$> comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home