Thursday, July 21, 2005

What was she thinking...

Well some bad news has just made my day even worse. My 15 year old niece is pregnant!!! I cant believe it, she is too young to be having sex. Yeah I know that I am young also, but atleast at that age I was smart enough to still be a virgin. My sister called me and asked me to have a talk with my niece. She thinks that because I am closer to her age that she might be able to relate to me more. I dont even know what to say.. Where do you start? I must admit that 2 1/2 years ago I was with my ex-fiance (who is in prison now...)and I became pregnant. He basically convinced me to have an abortion. I hated the idea but I did it any way. And its hard to say but I''m happy I did. With this in mind, I''m just not sure I can help her. I can share my experience but other than that I feel I am useless. My best friend Cierra is 18 and has a 2 year old son. I can tell that sometimes she thinks how much easier life would be if she would have gotten an abortion, then other times I see how happy she is to have her son. Everyone is different. I honestly dont believe I an ready for a child, but someone younger than me obviously is. I dont understand how my siser could put such a burden on my shoulder. What if what I tell her makes her think she wants an abortion, but then after she gets it she feels horrible? or what if she has the child and then realizes it was a mistake...

July 21, 2005 1:19 PM

<$BlogItemCommentsCount$> comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home