Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Rain rain go away....

-I must say before I post that I am deeply sorry for everyone who was effected by Katrina, especially those who lost their loved ones. I understand that it must be horrible to lose all of your belongings and in some cases the people you love. I realize that what we are about to go through is NOTHING compared to that.-

But on the other hand I am not looking forward to the "aftermath" of Katrina. Later today and tomorrow we have the pleasure of this unwanted rain. I hate the rain, and now that I am unable to drive I hate it even more!! I am not looking forward to taking public transportation to work at 7:30 tomorrow morning in what I'm sure will be an absolute down pour. I'm going to be soaked. I guess I could take a cab, I would just hate to pay that much for a 5 minute ride. Why oh why did I have to be so stupid to get that damn DUI. I regret that so much, it wasnt even my fault.

Ok, yeah... I know it was my fault, I just hate to admit it!! I know I shouldnt have been driving. But its not like I was waisted.... The fucked up part was the way I got caught. It was 4:30 am and I was driving alone on a road that had no street lights, so it was pretty dark. I have this fear of being broken down on a deserted road and being raped or kidnapped. So just my luck I got a fucking flat tire. I didnt want to pull over until I had enough light to see when I changed it. So stupid me kept driving on the flat; soon I could see the next light 500 feet away. But before I got there a cop pulled me over for disturbing the peace because my flat tire was making too much noise. Heres how that went:

Cop: Ma'am you do realize that you were driving on a flat dont you? That is disturbing the peace, this is a nice neighborhood people dont like loud noise at 4 in the morning.

Me: Of course, I was just going to that gas station up there to change it. Is that why you are pulling me over?

Cop: Yes, but you do realize that you are intoxicated, I need you to step out of the car.

Me: Officer I am not intoxicated.

Cop: what ever you say ma'am but your still being arrested. Now do you want to explain to me the REAL reason you were driving on that flat?

Me: I already told you, I didnt feel safe so I was going to the gas station.

Cop: I dont think thats it, this is a nice neighborhood. There isnt anything for anyone to be afraid of here.

Me: so your telling me that just because this is a "good" neighborhood I shouldnt be afraid of rapists?

Cop: I think you are just too drunk to realize you had a flat.

What a prick. I will be afraid of rapists everywhere I go, I dont care how nice the neighborhood is. And I will do the same thing next time. What do I look like pulling over at 4 am, alone, on a street with no lights, to change a tire. That will never happen.... Fucking cop.

<$BlogItemCommentsCount$> comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home